October 26, (THEWILL) – The Management of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), said documents and records stored in its office in Yaba in Lagos are intact despite the fire that engulfed its office early Wednesday.
THEWILL earlier reported that the multi-storey office complex of the Council went up in flames on Wednesday.
According to reports, several people were trapped in the building as the fire raged.
A terse statement from the examination body said the fire that engulfed its facility in Lagos in the early hours of Wednesday, has been put out by a combined team of fire-fighters, adding that no life was lost in the inferno.
The statement signed by the head of the public affairs unit, Moyosola Adesina, was silent on the cause of the fire.
It was, however, learnt that the fire might have started from an electric spark from one of the appliances in one of the offices in the building