SAN FRANCISCO, September 11, (THEWILL) – The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal has resumed after taking a short break.
Judgement is on going but here is a summary of decisions so far (before the break).
1) Application to strike out case for noninclusion of President Buhari’s deputy, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo Rejected.
2) The 5 Judges agreed and struck out INEC’s motion arguing that Atiku’s lead counsel, Levi Uzoukwu, SAN, is not a legal practitioner.
3) The Panel dismissed Motion of allegations of misconduct against security agency as they were not included.
4) Court strikes out Paragraphs in petitioners reply being in breach of rules over criminal complaints against individual not listed.
5) Tribunal denied INEC’s request to dismiss Atiku’s prayers seeking President Buhari’s disqualification on the ground that he was not qualified to contest the election.
6) The court struck out some documents, statement of Applicant’s witness, Osita Chidoka, on the ground that they amount to amending petition.
7) The Contention by President Buhari that qualification is not a relevant issue in the petition by Atiku was rejected.
8) The Tribunal agrees with counsel to President Buhari that it can not adjudicate on allegation that Vice President Osibanjo used government fund to induce voters.