Halep Yet To Decide On US Open But Fears ‘Tough Conditions’

BEVERLY HILLS, August 09, (THEWILL) – Romanian tennis player and reigning Wimbledon champion, Simona Halep, says she is yet to decide whether to play at the US Open but fears “tough conditions” posed by the journey amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“I haven’t made the final decision yet,” she said.

“The travelling from Europe is a little bit tough with changing flights — we don’t have straight flights — so it’s going to be tough for me personally, mentally,” she told a videoconference.

“I don’t want to put myself into that stress. As I said I haven’t decided yet, but the conditions are tough for me at this moment.”

ALSO READ: Nadal Withdraws From US Open Over Coronavirus