January 22, (THEWILL) – Lorient coach, Régis Le Bris, has admitted that Nigerian forward, Terem Moffi, is disturbed by speculation linking him with a departure from Les Merlus in the January transfer window.
The 23-year-old was left out of the Lorient squad for their Coupe de France clash with Bastia on Saturday, with the official reason given being that he was recovering from illness. However, Moffi is said to be pushing for a transfer to OGC Nice, who have lodged three bids to secure his signature this month, with the latest bid being a total package of 20 million euros.
Strictly from an economic point of view, the leadership of Lorient would prefer trading the Nigerian to an English Premier League team, as the fee being offered is higher than the proposal from OGC Nice. THEWILL previously reported that West Ham United made a £20m bid plus £5m in performance-related add-ons to sign the Lorient hitman, while Southampton’s offer was deemed insufficient.
At Saturday evening’s post-match press conference, Régis Le Bris did not deny that his top scorer Moffi, who has 18 months left on his contract with Lorient, is concerned about his future but expects the Super Eagles star to return to the fold for the visit of Rennes on Friday, January 27.
Le Bris said: “There is a reality, there is this little virus, and it is a somewhat disturbing period for him. But I think he will be back for Rennes and that he will resume training at the start of the week.”