NFF Wanted A Foreign Coach For Eagles
It has been revealed that Super Eagles head coach, Stephen Keshi was compelled to work under a foreign coach by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).
Keshi, who had announced his resignation on Monday, cited interference from the NFF.
The Nigeria trainer, who eventually rescinded his decision following a meeting with the Nigerian sports minister, Bolaji Abdullahi, has also revealed that he was compelled to work with a "foreign technical team."
This revelation was made by the President of the Nigerian senate, David Mark who had a candid conversation with the former Togo and Mali coach shortly after he announced his resignation on Monday.
“Keshi confirmed to me that he had resigned. He said the reason he resigned was because there is too much interference. Before the (2013 Afcon) final (against Burkina Faso) on Sunday, there was a lot of pressure on him that he must accept a foreign technical adviser,” Senator Mark revealed.
The lawmaker further explained that Keshi bluntly refused to accept the wishes of the NFF chiefs.
“(Keshi) said he is opposed to it because he believes he’s got all that is needed for him to succeed in this country as there are Nigerians who can work with him and he doesn’t see the gain in bringing in foreigners,” he said.
Keshi and his technical staff returned home to a heroes’ welcome from South Africa where they won a third Africa Cup of Nations title.
Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Jonathan bestowed the nation's second highest national honour of Commander of the Order of Niger (CON) on Keshi.
Keshi also received cash gifts in addition to landed property in the nation’s capital, Abuja.
- I’m Not Hiding, Tambuwal Tells Jonathan
- GE’s $1B Investment In Cross River: Sambo, Imoke, Angbazor Lead Groundbreaking Ceremony
- APC: Lobby For Leadership Positions Triggers Fresh Crisis
- Boko Haram Targets ‘Civilian JTF’ For Elimination
- ABUJA-LOKOJA ROAD AND THE BLOOD SUCKING WITCHES IN ASO ROCK
- Jonathan Chairs PDP Reconciliation Cttee
- Hearing In Suit Seeking To De-Register NGF Gets July 4 Date
- PDP: Olisa Metuh Resigns As National Publicity Secretary
- Boko Haram Kills Nine NECO Students, 13 Others In Borno
- Hezbollah Armoury: Drama As SSS Re-Arrests Discharged Lebanese
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State