NFF Wanted A Foreign Coach For Eagles
It has been revealed that Super Eagles head coach, Stephen Keshi was compelled to work under a foreign coach by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).
Keshi, who had announced his resignation on Monday, cited interference from the NFF.
The Nigeria trainer, who eventually rescinded his decision following a meeting with the Nigerian sports minister, Bolaji Abdullahi, has also revealed that he was compelled to work with a "foreign technical team."
This revelation was made by the President of the Nigerian senate, David Mark who had a candid conversation with the former Togo and Mali coach shortly after he announced his resignation on Monday.
“Keshi confirmed to me that he had resigned. He said the reason he resigned was because there is too much interference. Before the (2013 Afcon) final (against Burkina Faso) on Sunday, there was a lot of pressure on him that he must accept a foreign technical adviser,” Senator Mark revealed.
The lawmaker further explained that Keshi bluntly refused to accept the wishes of the NFF chiefs.
“(Keshi) said he is opposed to it because he believes he’s got all that is needed for him to succeed in this country as there are Nigerians who can work with him and he doesn’t see the gain in bringing in foreigners,” he said.
Keshi and his technical staff returned home to a heroes’ welcome from South Africa where they won a third Africa Cup of Nations title.
Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Jonathan bestowed the nation's second highest national honour of Commander of the Order of Niger (CON) on Keshi.
Keshi also received cash gifts in addition to landed property in the nation’s capital, Abuja.
- Police Nab Gay Prophet In Aba
- LEADERSHIP CRISIS AND THE FUTURE OF THE NIGERIAN YOUTHS
- NIGERIA: POOR NIGER DELTA COMMUNITIES GET SUCCOUR FROM NETHERLANDS
- "Emulate Ibori" Pastor Tells Nigerians – As Associates Mark Birthday In Oghara
- Imoke, PDP, Akerodolu Mourn Pa Fashola
- FG Declares Thursday, Friday As Public Holiday
- State Department Issues Worldwide Travel Alert Because Of Al-Qaida Terror Threats
- Presidency Brands El-Rufai A Serial Liar, Says GEJ Is Above Ethnic, Religious Politics
- EFCC Arraigns Former Presidential Candidate For N66m Scam
- EFCC Arrests Man With 30 ATM Cards, 8 Signed Cheques
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State