Nations Cup Victory: Super Eagles Get Millions, Land, Honours From GEJ
SAN FRANCISCO, February 12, (THEWILL) – President Goodluck Jonathan Tuesday night rewarded the victorious Super Eagles team with cash, parcels of land and National Honours Awards.
President Jonathan doled out the awards and gifts at a reception he hosted for the team inside the Banquet Hall of the State House.
Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi received the Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON) National Honours Award; Assistant coaches Daniel Amokachi Ike Shorunmu and Sylvanus Okpala were awarded Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON), alongside captain of the team Joseph Yobo, while other team players were honoured with the Member of the Order of the Niger (MON).
The President also rewarded Keshi with a cash gift of N10m, while assistant coaches N5million naira each. Members of the technical crew received N2m each.
All victorious team members are also to receive parcels of land in Abuja.
At the reception were Vice President Muhammad Namadi Sambo, Senate President David Mark, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, state governors, Sports Minister, Bolaji Abdullahi as well as other Ministers, chieftains of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) led by its chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, politicians and First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan.
The Super Eagles returned to Abuja on Tuesday afternoon on an Arik Air plane after beating the Burkina Faso national team by a lone goal in the final of the African Cup of Nations hosted by South Africa.
- Army Chief Says Nigerian Soldiers Aiding Boko Haram
- Delta State Governorship Hopeful Senator Okowa In Trouble Over Fraud
- PDP Chiefs Oppose Chibuike Amaechi’s Bid For Second Term
- BELGORE: A FAILURE AS A LEADER
- Ban Almajiri System Now, Mark Tells Northern Governors
- JONATHAN S’ CROSS
- MEND Demands Release Of All Detained Niger Delta Militants, Tells Orubebe To Forget Guber Bid
- Delta Commissioner Furious As Warri Water Works Breaks Down Again
- IN AFRICA’S GREAT LAKES REGION, PEACE DIVIDEND MUST FOLLOW PEACE DEAL
- Alleged Abuse Of Office: NJC Knocks Out Gumi's Bid To Stop Probe
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State