Police Nab 10 Suspects Over Killing Of Korean Doctors In Yobe
SAN FRANCISCO, February 11, (THEWILL) – The Yobe State Police Command confirmed on Monday that it has arrested 10 suspects in connection with the gruesome killing of three Korean doctors, Saturday night, in Potiskum, the commercial capital of Yobe State.
The confirmation came as a groceries shop was burgled few distance from the residence of the slain Korean doctors with a resident of the area expressing surprise at the burglary in spite of the constant patrol of the area by policemen and soldiers.
The state Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Sanusi Rufai, who disclosed the arrest of the suspects while fielding questions from journalists in Potiskum, said the suspects were already cooling their heels in police custody and were helping the police in their investigations.
Describing the killing as brutal,Rufai promised that the police would do everything possible to bring the killers to face the full wrath of the law.
The police chief disclosed that the search for the killers would not be restricted to those already in police custody, saying investigations into the killing were still ongoing.
He however assured that everything was being done to improve security of life and property of residents of the state.
The police chief said all hands must be on deck to tackle the security challenges of the state, insisting that the security agencies need the continued assistance of all to surmount the challenges.
- RE: PETITION ON SALE OF OIL BLOCK OPL 245 BY DPR AND MINISTRY OF PETROLEUM TO SHELL & AGIP
- WHEN POLITICS MEETS FOOTBALL
- ARCHBISHOP BENSON IDAHOSA: THE ERROR & FALSEHOOD OF EX-OLUMBA OLUMBA PASTOR’S CONFESSION
- THE KADUNA STATE 2011 VOTER REGISTRATION FIGURES: MAKING A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A MOLEHILL
- NIGERIA: POOR NIGER DELTA COMMUNITIES GET SUCCOUR FROM NETHERLANDS
- TIN GOD: THE MACABRE DANCE OF THE NATION NEWSPAPER
- JOHN CAMPBELL DENIED VISA TO NIGERIA
- THE REQUISITE RESPONSE TO A NETWORK'S INCAPACITY
- LEADERSHIP CRISIS AND THE FUTURE OF THE NIGERIAN YOUTHS
- RECENT COURT DECISION ON PEACE CORPS OF NIGERIA IS GOOD FOR OUR YOUNG DEMOCRACY
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State