Jonathan Applauds Eagles After Cup Victory
PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN (2ND L) WITH THE FIRST LADY, DAME PATINCE JONATHAN CELEBRATING SUPER EAGLES VICTORY AT THE AFRICAN CUP OF NATION (AFCON) WITH OTHER NIGERIANS IN LONDON. FEBRUARY 10, 2013
SAN FRANCISCO, February 10, (THEWILL) - President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday applauded the Super Eagles and the football federation for emerging African champions at the Cup of Nations in South Africa after beating Burkina Faso by a lone goal.
The presidency statement reads:
"PRESIDENT JONATHAN APPLAUDS TRANSFORMATION OF SUPER EAGLES TO AFRICAN CHAMPIONS"
President Goodluck Jonathan congratulates the Super Eagles and all Nigerians on the country’s inspiring victory in the AFCON 2013 finals this evening in Johannesburg.
President Jonathan thanks Coach Stephen Keshi and all members of the team who have worked very hard and played with great focus, dedication, artistry and patriotism to make Nigeria the proud champions of Africa once again after 19 years of setbacks in the competition.
The President also commends the Minister of Sports, Mr. Bolaji Abdullahi, the Chairman and members of the Nigerian Football Federation and all others who have contributed to the astonishing transformation of the Super Eagles from underdogs to gallant winners and glorious soccer champions of the African continent.
President Jonathan believes that the team’s amazing transformation from rank outsiders to champions is a clear manifestation of the even greater successes the country can achieve in all other fields of human endeavour if all Nigerians come together and devote their immense collective energies and resources to supporting the implementation of his Administration’s Agenda for National Transformation.
Therefore, as the entire nation celebrates Nigeria’s remarkable triumph in South Africa, President Jonathan urges all Nigerians to imbibe the positive lessons of the Super Eagles’ success because the fulfilment of the country’s immense potentials for greatness will be more speedily attained if more Nigerians resolve to emulate the team’s exemplary unity of purpose, dedication, commitment and devotion to service of the nation.
The President also believes that having conquered Africa, the new Super Eagles can go on to achieve even greater glory at the World Cup in Brazil next year. He assures the team that it will receive every necessary support and encouragement from the Federal Government for that next national assignment.
President Jonathan thanks the Government of South Africa and the Confederation of African Football for a well-organised tournament and looks forward to receiving the victorious Super Eagles in Abuja on Tuesday.
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
February 10, 2013."
- NGF Election: How Three Governors Back-Stabbed President Jonathan
- PDP Governors Tear NGF Apart, Reject Amaechi As New Chairman
- Amaechi Reelected Chairman Of The NGF
- THE WOOLWICH KILLING- MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS
- 2015: THE BIG UNIPORT FOUR (JONATHAN, AMAECHI, WIKE & PRINCEWILL) AND WAY OUT OF THE RIVERS MACABRE DANCE
- Jonathan Denies Meddling In NGF Election, Urges Governors To Resolve Differences
- NGF Chair: Amaechi Loses Out As PDP Governors Choose Jang As Consensus Candidate
- CHRISTIANS RESPONSE TO CIVIL GOVERNMENT
- NEXIM BANK AND ITS SME AGENDA
- Ondo Governorship: Supreme Court Upholds Mimiko’s Victory, Throws Out Oke’s Appeal
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State