PDP Power Play: Turkur Seals Oyinlola Fate, Approves Replacement
PDP CHAIRMAN, BAMANGA TURKUR (L) OLAGUNSOYE OYINLOLA
SAN FRANCISCO, January 14, (THEWILL) – The power tussle in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) between Chairman, Bamanga Turkur and National Secretary, Olagunsoye Oyinlola continued Monday with Turkur announcing a replacement for Oyinlola who on Friday filed an appeal and a stay of execution on a high court ruling that removed him from office.
In a statement today, the National Chairman directed the Deputy National Secretary of the party, Barrister Solomon Onwe to assume duties as Acting National Secretary.
The carefully worded statement did not make any reference to Oyinlola.
“Pursuant to the powers conferred on the National Chairman by Chapter V Section 35 (1), 35 (1)(b) as well as section 36(2) of the constitution of the Peoples Democratic Party, (as amended), the Deputy National Secretary of the PDP, Barr. Solomon Onwe is hereby directed to assume duties as the Acting National Secretary of the PDP.
Barr. Onwe shall by this directive conduct all correspondences of the party, issue notices of meetings of the National Convention, the National Executive Committee, the National Caucus and the National Working Committee as stipulated in the Constitution of our great Party.
This directive takes immediate effect and is hereby communicated to all the levels and offices of the Party,” Turkur ordered in the release.
- Maiduguri: House-To-House Search For Insurgents Underway As Total Curfew On Boko Haram Hideout Begins
- RE: JUDGE GRANTS IFEANYI UBAH "PERPETUAL INJUNCTION" AGAINST EFCC INVESTIGATION
- FREEDOM OF MISINFORMATION (THE NARROW ESCAPE)
- Police Seek Rivers House Speaker, Amaechi’s Chief Of Staff Over Assassination Claim
- RECENT COURT DECISION ON PEACE CORPS OF NIGERIA IS GOOD FOR OUR YOUNG DEMOCRACY
- Ex Niger Delta Militants Challenge FG Over Amnesty Largesse For Pollution Victims
- 20 Gunmen Killed As Nigerian Army Raids Boko Haram Camps
- Wall Street Rally Just Keeps Ticking, Lifted By Data
- EFCC Declares Sylvanus Okoh Wanted
- Two Blasts At Iraqi Sunni Mosque Kill 43
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State