Again, Jonathan, N'Assembly Leadership, PDP Meet Behind Closed Doors
SAN FRANCISCO, February 13, (THEWILL) – President Goodluck Jonathan, Wednesday, met once more with the leadership of the National Assembly as well and leaders of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) behind closed doors.
Present at the meeting which held Wednesday night were the Vice President Namadi Sambo and the members of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of PDP alongside the leadership of the National Assembly.
Though nobody was willing to volunteer any information about what transpired at the meeting, it was gathered that the meeting may not be unconnected with the 2013 budget which is yet to be signed into law by President Jonathan.
The meeting which started at about 8:58pm at the Presidential Villa ran till about 10:17 pm with no word about the agenda of the meeting.
Before the arrival of the president,Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Anyim Pius Anyim, the Chief of Staff to the President, Chief Mike Oghiadomhe, had been seated .
They were followed by the Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur who led members of his NEC. Subsequently, the Vice President arrived. Thirty minutes later, Senate President David Mark, casually dressed in a short-sleeved shirt and a brown trouser drove in a black Lexus sedan conveying his Deputy, Ike Ekwerenmadu and Senate Majority Leader, Victor Ndoma-Egba.
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal was conspicuously absent but his Deputy, Emeka Ihedioha, made a later appearance at about 9:07 pm, minutes after the meeting had started.
Before his arrival, the Special Adviser to the President on National Assembly matters, Mrs Joy Emordi, was sighted making frantic calls. She later ushered Ihedioha into the meeting.
At the close of the meeting Tukur, Mark, and Olisa Metuh, the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP declined to give an insight into what transpired.
- Emergency Rule: National Assembly Conference Grants Jonathan Sweeping Powers
- THE TRANSFORMATION OF MAJOR GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI.
- THE MANIFESTATION OF JESUS CHRIST AT THE SYNAGOGUE
- Chinua Achebe Laid To Rest
- House To Govt: Lift Ban On Rivers’ Jet
- London Attacker British, Of Nigerian Origin: Source
- Jonathan Condemns Terror Attack In Britain
- MEND Demands Release Of All Detained Niger Delta Militants, Tells Orubebe To Forget Guber Bid
- Reuben Abati’s Mum Passes On To Glory
- Wike, Others Sponsored Tuesday’s Militants’ Anti-Amaechi Protest, Says Group
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State