EFCC Arraigns Three Internet Fraudsters
EZEGBEBE FRANCIS NOWOGHOMWEMA, CHINEDU NGWU AND SOLOMON OGU IN COURT
SAN FRANCISCO, February 13, (THEWILL) - The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has arraigned three internet fraudsters: Ezegbebe Francis Nowoghomwema, Chinedu Ngwu and Solomon Ogu before Justice A. M Liman of the Federal High Court 1, Benin on separate charges bordering on conspiracy to commit felony to wit: obtaining money under false pretence.
They pleaded not guilty to the charges.
One of the charge reads in part; “that you Ezegbebe Francis Nowoghomwema, Chinedu Ngwu and Solomon Ogu on or about 18th day of January, 2013, at Siluko Road, Benin City within the jurisdiction of this honourable court did conspire amongst yourselves to commit felony to wit: obtaining money by false pretence contrary to Section 8(a) of the Advance Fee Fraud and other Related Offences Act 2006 and punishable under section 1(3) of the said Act.
In view of their plea, EFCC counsel, O. B. Akinsola sought the leave of the court for a short date for trial. Justice Liman granted the accused persons bail in the sum of N1million each and one surety respectively in like sum. The sureties shall be within the jurisdiction of the court and have landed property which title must be verified by the Land Registry.
Justice Liman ordered that the suspects be remanded in prison custody and adjourned to 17th April, 2013 for trial.
The fraudsters were among the twenty suspected internet fraudsters arrested by men of the JTF, 4 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Benin and handed over to the EFCC for further investigation and possible prosecution.
The first batch of nine suspects was arraigned on February 5, 2013, on separate charges bordering on obtaining money by false pretence.
At the point of arrest, Ezegbebe Francis Nowoghomwema, Chinedu Ngwu, Solomon Ogu and others had in their possession forty five (45) laptops of different make, twenty eight (28) telephone sets, eight (8) internet mobile modems and one Nissan car with registration number USL 375 AG.
- RECENT COURT DECISION ON PEACE CORPS OF NIGERIA IS GOOD FOR OUR YOUNG DEMOCRACY
- THE REQUISITE RESPONSE TO A NETWORK'S INCAPACITY
- ARCHBISHOP BENSON IDAHOSA: THE ERROR & FALSEHOOD OF EX-OLUMBA OLUMBA PASTOR’S CONFESSION
- ORHII’S NAFDAC AND THE BURGEONING REVISIONISTS
- Presidency Brands El-Rufai A Serial Liar, Says GEJ Is Above Ethnic, Religious Politics
- CONSTITUTIONALITY OF YOUTH PARTICIPATION IN POLITICS
- BIAFRA AND ISLAMIC NIGERIA
- The Looting Of Lagos State
- YOUTH UNEMPLOYMENT IN AFRICA: A TICKING TIME BOMB OR AN OPPORTUNITY?
- TAXATION AS CATALYST FOR DELTA RENAISSANCE
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State