EFCC Docks Man Over Oil Bunkering
SAN FRANCISCO, February 13, (THEWILL) - The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Wednesday arraigned one Towase Sunday before Justice Lambo Akanbi of the Federal High Court, Port Harcourt on a two count charge bordering on conspiracy and illegal dealing in Petroleum Products.
One of the charges preferred against him reads, “ that you Suntaal Oil Limited, Towase Sunday and one Bassey James( now at large) without lawful authority or appropriate licence did conspire among yourself to commit felony to wit: dealing in petroleum product suspected to be automotive gas oil, AGO and thereby committed an offence contrary to sections 3(6) and 1(17)(a) of the Miscellaneous Offences Act CAP M17 of the Revised Edition(Laws of the Federation of Nigeria) 2007 and punishable under section 1(17) of the same Act”.
He however pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The court granted the accused persons bail in the sum of N1million and two sureties in like sum. The sureties must be resident in the jurisdiction of court and swear to an affidavit of means.
Officers of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps had intercepted a truck with dual registration numbers XA522RGM and XA523RGM allegedly loaded with about 22,000 litres of substance suspected to be adulterated automotive gas oil, AGO along East-West Road , Rumumasi, Port Harcourt . The occupants fled, while the truck and its content were handed over to the EFCC for investigation.
Further investigation by the Commission led to the arrest of Towase Sunday.
The matter has been adjourned to April 24, 2013.
- I’m Not Hiding, Tambuwal Tells Jonathan
- GE’s $1B Investment In Cross River: Sambo, Imoke, Angbazor Lead Groundbreaking Ceremony
- APC: Lobby For Leadership Positions Triggers Fresh Crisis
- Boko Haram Targets ‘Civilian JTF’ For Elimination
- Jonathan Chairs PDP Reconciliation Cttee
- Hearing In Suit Seeking To De-Register NGF Gets July 4 Date
- ABUJA-LOKOJA ROAD AND THE BLOOD SUCKING WITCHES IN ASO ROCK
- Boko Haram Kills Nine NECO Students, 13 Others In Borno
- PDP: I Won’t Resign, NWC Still Intact, Says Tukur
- NEXIM BANK AND STRUCTURAL TRANSFORMATION OF NIGERIA’S ECONOMY
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State