N1.2m Scam: EFCC Arraigns Kano Travel Agent
AUWALU MOHAMMED ARRIVING IN COURT
SAN FRANCISCO, February 13, (THEWILL) - The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Wednesday arraigned Auwalu Mohammed, Managing Director of TIC Travels and Tours, before Justice Farouq Lawal of the Kano High Court on five count charge of conspiracy and obtaining by false pretence.
The charge reads in part, “that you Adamu Shuaibu and Auwalu Mohammed Abubakar (trading under the name of TIC Travels and Tours Limited) sometimes in 2007 in Kano State, did conspire to commit an offence to wit: obtaining money by false pretence contrary to Section 8(a) and punishable under Section 1(3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006”.
Auwal Mohammed Abubakar and Adamu Shuaibu (still at large) allegedly defrauded one Mai-Unguwa Shuaibu of over N1,100,000 in June 2007 by falsely representing to him that the said sum was payment for Umrah travels.
The accused person however pleaded not guilty to the charge, prompting prosecuting counsel M.M Gambo to ask the court to fix a date for trial and remand the accused in prison custody. But defence counsel, Ibrahim Salisu presented a formal bail application, urging the court to admit his client to bail as he was already on administrative bail granted by the EFCC.
Justice Lawal adjourned the case to 18th and 19th of March for ruling on bail application and remanded the accused in EFCC custody.
- Amaechi Reelected Chairman Of The NGF
- NGF Chair: Amaechi Loses Out As PDP Governors Choose Jang As Consensus Candidate
- Emergency Rule: National Assembly Conference Grants Jonathan Sweeping Powers
- PDP Governors Tear NGF Apart, Reject Amaechi As New Chairman
- THE TRANSFORMATION OF MAJOR GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI.
- THE MANIFESTATION OF JESUS CHRIST AT THE SYNAGOGUE
- MEND Demands Release Of All Detained Niger Delta Militants, Tells Orubebe To Forget Guber Bid
- Jonathan Condemns Terror Attack In Britain
- Wike, Others Sponsored Tuesday’s Militants’ Anti-Amaechi Protest, Says Group
- London Attacker British, Of Nigerian Origin: Source
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State