Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
EFCC MOVES TO FREEZE ASSETS.
Abuja (THEWILL) - These are not the best of times for Cecilia Ibru, a former managing director of Oceanic Bank Plc and wife of Olorogun Michael Ibru as THEWILL has learnt that Nigerian authorities have traced more properties to her, both in Nigeria and the United States of America.
Mrs. Ibru was one of the four managing directors removed by the Lamido Sanusi led Central Bank after the audit of Nigerian banks some months ago. As managing director of Oceanic Bank, Mrs. Ibru was alleged to have granted credit facilities to the tune of N747 billion naira with more than half going to her family and proxies.
The former managing director was charged for several financial offences and is abroad on a bail receiving medical attention, but is due back in court in January.
The Assets traced to her in the Upper Marlboro area of Maryland, United States are registered either to her son’s wife, Kemi Da silva, her son, Obaro or daughter Janet. The Assets are:
1. 4155 Chariot Way purchased for $452,508,00 on March 12, 2009 and registered to Anita Da silva Ibru,
2. 4145 Chariot Way purchased for $440,105.00 and also registered to Anita Da silva Ibru on April 14, 2009.
3. 4139 Chariot Way purchased for $451,629.00 and also registered to Edesiri Onatejerohene Ibru on April 21, 2009.
4. 4149 Chariot Way purchased for $473,657.00 and registered to Obaro and Hirut Ibru also on April 21, 2009.
5. 4141, Chariot Way purchased for $441, 790 on April 13, 2009 for herself.
6. 4143 Chariot Way Purchased for $439,362.00 on April 13, 2009 for herself also.
7. 14605 Hawley Lane purchased for $399,990.00 on July 22, 2008 and registered to her daughter, Janet Ibru,
8. 14630 Hawley Lane purchased for $ 460,703.00 May 17, 2008 and registered to Janet Ibru.
9.14721 Argos Place purchased for $457,950 and registered to Janet Ibru on October 28, 2008.
10. 14719 Argos Place purchased for $451,840.00 on November 26, 2008 and registered to Janet Ibru.
11. 11300 Dappled Grey Way purchased for $987,949.00 on October 7, 2008 and registered to herself.
There are also about 57 properties in Lagos Abuja and Port Harcourt. They include:
1. 15,000 square metres of land at Okunade Water Front, Victoria Island in Lagos.
2. 12-storey Tower on one hectare of land at Ozumba Mbadiwe Water Front, Lagos
3. Three residential Towers in Port Harcourt GRA.
4. Residential block with 19 apartments on 34 Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi
5. 35B Isale Eko Avenue, Dolphin Ikoyi.
6. 103 Hectares of land in Lagos.
7. 3, Okotie-Eboh, SW Ikoyi.
8. 10A Sobo Arobiodu Street, Ikeja.
9. One Storey building at 50 Marina, Lagos
10. Seven properties on 5A George Street, Ikoyi.
11. 4B, 5B George Street, Ikoyi.
12. Metro Plaza Building in Abuja where the British Visa Section is located.
Some of the companies which she used to launder funds include Cloudy Heights, Enifor, Prisky Gold, Bliss Bloss, Velvox and Circular Global, which she used to acquire over 275 million shares in First Bank Nigeria Plc for N275,795,139.
She also used the companies to acquire over 64 million shares in Union Bank of Nigeria valued at 64, 218,000; 93 million shares in the United Bank for Africa for N93,750,000; Oceanic Bank Plc, N1,076,220,421 worth of shares.
Other acquisitions include, 13 million shares in Oando for N13, 200,000 and another 388 million units of shares in other companies, 600 million shares in BGL Plc.
Another company linked to her, Prisky Gold was used to purchase 48.8 million shares in Access Bank Plc, 8,140,500 in Dangote Flour, 12,480,000 in Dangote Sugar Refinery, 12.500,000 in Fidelity Bank, 27,434,791 shares in First Bank, 25,316,400 in Japaul Oil, 10, 280,000 in Zenith Bank, and 200,000,000 shares in Transcorp Plc.
Africa Lloyd, another company traced to her purchased 431,201,702 million shares of Oceanic Bank Plc.
THEWILL investigations show that the Nigerian authorities will seek a court order to enable it freeze these assets.
* See pictures of some of the properties at Upper Marlboro to your right.
- Boko Haram Targets ‘Civilian JTF’ For Elimination
- ABUJA-LOKOJA ROAD AND THE BLOOD SUCKING WITCHES IN ASO ROCK
- Boko Haram Kills Nine NECO Students, 13 Others In Borno
- PDP: I Won’t Resign, NWC Still Intact, Says Tukur
- Minesterial Platform: Olubolade Shines
- NEXIM BANK AND STRUCTURAL TRANSFORMATION OF NIGERIA’S ECONOMY
- AFRICAN YOUTHS DEMAND INVOLVEMENT IN GOVERNANCE
- THE FIFTH ASSEMBLY OF DELTA STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY: TWO YEARS AFTER
- UNIUYO Crisis: Akpabio Calls For Investigation, Says Culprits Must Be Punished
- ARCHBISHOP BENSON IDAHOSA: THE ERROR & FALSEHOOD OF EX-OLUMBA OLUMBA PASTOR’S CONFESSION
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State