Jaguar To Add 800 New UK Jobs: Source
Premium carmaker Jaguar Land Rover plans to create 800 new jobs at its Solihull factory in central England due to demand in China, Russia and the United States, a person familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
JLR, owned by India's Tata Motors (TAMO.NS), said earlier this month that its outlook for 2013 was positive after UK vehicle sales rose almost 20 percent in 2012.
The source said confirmation of the new jobs could come later on Sunday. Last week, Japanese carmaker Honda (7267.T) cut around 800 jobs at its plant near Swindon due to falling demand for its vehicles across mainland Europe.
Jaguar declined to comment.
- Obama Tours Africa, Boycotts Nigeria Again
- Borno: 120 Boko Haram Members Arrested At Killed Commander's Funeral
- Jonathan Orders Release Of Some Persons Detained Over Terror As Amnesty For BH Begins
- BETWEEN BOKO HARAM AND SECURITY OPERATIVES IN NIGERIA
- MINISTER ADESINA AND HIS 700,000 FARMERS
- THE COMPELLING VISION OF GOVERNOR FASHOLA
- Senate Overwhelmingly Endorses Emergency Rule In Adamawa, Borno, Yobe
- Federal Government Alerts States On Likely Heavy Flood
- Remains Of Chinua Achebe Arrives Enugu For Interment
- Tax Fraud: House Threatens To Arrest Nine Bank Chief Executives
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State