MPs Condemn Killing Of Kano Health Workers
SAN FRANCISCO, February 12, (THEWILL) – The House of Representatives, Tuesday, condemned the killing of nine female health workers in Filim Cashew, Ungwar Ukwu, Tarauni Local Government Area as well as in Hale Hotoro in Nasarawa Local Government Area of Kano State.
The lawmakers also urged the Federal Government to adequately compensate the families of the nine deceased who died in active service to their fatherland.
The House equally commiserated with the families of the victims, government and people of the state.
This resolution was taken when the House adopted a motion of urgent public importance raised by Hon Munir Bappa Danagund.
The House also called on security agencies to put proactive measures in place to safeguard the lives of health workers, especially in high risk areas.
In his lead debate, Munir argued that the dastard actions of the murderers could deter "the Federal Government from accelerating the reduction of maternal and child mortality in Nigeria."
It will be recalled that nine health workers were shot dead by yet-to-be identified gunmen in separate attacks while on assignment to give polio vaccination to children in Kano State.
- Borno: Consider Our Plight, Victims Of Soldiers’ Rampage Plead With Shettima
- Lagos Defers Eyo Festival Indefinitely
- Akpabio Makes Case For Ibaka Seaport As Military Operations Base
- Pandemonium In Rivers House Of Assembly As Pro-Jonathan Legislators Smuggle In Mace
- Mark Promises To Intervene In FCT, IBB Golf Club Row
- N100 Trillion Required Annually For Infrastructure – Mark
- Alleged Blackmail: House Summons Okonjo-Iweala Over Budget
- Law Professors Urge N’Assembly To Repeal Death Penalty
- ABSU AND ITS ABSURD DRESS CODE
- Atiku At New Year Urges Optimism, Compassion
- NASA Meteorologist Clears The Air On Acid Rain Fears
- Nigerian Dad Convicted Of Murdering Baby Daughter
- Cartels Behind Nigeria's Continued Oil Imports
- Black Nigerian Wife Delivers White Baby
- Ex-Governor’s Mistress Mysteriously Dies In US Mansion
- Ibru Raid: The Many Assets Of Cecilia Ibru Exposed
- Updated: Explosions Rock Abuja, 16 feared killed, 30 Wounded
- Nigerian High Commissioner Battered Me - Wife
- UPDATED: How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Raped a 19-Year Old In Benin
- The Looting Of Lagos State